Wednesday, July 19, 2006

July 19, 2006 more catching up

Blessings to everyone,

Last month Rick (my husband) and I went on a fabulous couples retreat in Virginia with Jean-Pierre LaBlanc. It was the most fun, healing, empowering experience. At the very end I rode a zip line that was 150' high and 900' long. I was terrified, but with the help of everyone there at the retreat and my own courage, I finally took the step out into the air and I was off. I loved every minute of it and can't wait to do it again. "I can fly" is my motto after that. It really brought me to a whole new level inside myself.

ON Saturday night of the retreat the men gave the "Goddesses" a party. They told us to write out all of our requests for the party and they would take care of it. And did they ever! They followed through and delivered on every request with joy, enthusiasm, creativity, gentleness, and love.

One woman asked for a gondola ride:) The men brought in a kayak and paddle. They helped her gracefully into the boat and pretended to paddle while others picked the boat up and walked around the room singing "Oh Solo Mio" to her. It was amazing and wonderful to experience.

I asked to have a ceremony to make my husband my knight in shining armor. They introduced him as King Richard and gave me a boat paddle to use as my sword while Rick knelt down in front of me and I dubbed Sir Richard, my knight in shining armor. After the party he took me to the men's lodge for the night. It was so wonderful I felt like I was 19 again and just got married. I realized how full of mischief and life bubbling up in me I am. I really was able to be myself in many ways that weekend. I even did Goddess dancing to chanting after we did morning exercise and meditation. I can still feel the energy, joy, freedom and love of the weekend.

More tomorrow,
Joyfully,
Sharon

No comments: